-
January 17th, 2003, 01:23 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Has anyone made Kit's aviator doll? I'd like to make one using real leather. I found a great leather vest at the thrift store that's the same color. The catalog says that the doll's jacket, hat and gloves are removable. What kind of hands does the doll have? Does the doll have thumbs? Is the doll wearing a shirt under the jacket? What kind of fabric is the shirt? Are there any other details that don't show up in the AG photo of Kit's doll, like a hairdo of some sort?
Julia
-
January 17th, 2003, 02:31 PM
#2
Inactive Member
The hands have no thumbs--they're just cloth sewn squared off at the ends. There's no shirt under the jacket. Instead, the body is made to look like a shirt is on it, with a collar sewn onto her body and a tie like a man's tie sewn to the collar. The body seems to be a kind of white muslin. The gloves and hat and jacket come off, but the pants and boots don't. The hairstyle is kind of short and very curly. I think it's made out of yarn that's twisted very tightly until it turns back onto itself. She's very cute, with a cute face.
Joy
-
January 18th, 2003, 04:54 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Thank you Joy, for the details. That was enough for me to figure out how to make the doll.
Julia
Oh, is the jacket just plain in the back or is there a pleat or seam? Thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
January 19th, 2003, 04:39 PM
#4
Inactive Member
The jacket is just straight across in the back. The belt continues around the back, and so does the collar. The jacket and pants feel like wool, although the pants are really part of the body, sewn to the waist.
Joy
-
January 19th, 2003, 10:01 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Julia AM, when you get this doll done, could you post a picture for us to see?
Joy
-
January 19th, 2003, 11:43 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Joy, I don't have anywhere to upload pics online. I'll have to figure out how to make a simple web page somewhere just to upload pictures. But I'll be sure to get a photo and offer to send the picture to anyone who wants it.
I think I'm more likely to make Kit's blue dress with the long sleeves first. Or Kit's orange dress. It took awhile to gather all the supplies for those but I finally have everything in place, including the tiny buttons for Kit's blue dress. I just have to finish doing the final alterations to the patterns, sew another test garment out of muslin and then I'll be able to sew the dresses out of the good fabric. I'll be sure to post a picture of the dresses on the Society page if Ann will allow. =)
Julia
-
January 20th, 2003, 12:01 AM
#7
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JuliaAM:
Joy, I don't have anywhere to upload pics online. I'll have to figure out how to make a simple web page somewhere just to upload pictures. </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Try yahoo, lycos, MSN, snapfish, etc. for free online photo albums!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks